Yoga poses are great to strengthen and relax the body, but there’s a lot more to Yoga than that.
Derived from the Sankrit word “yuj”, which means “to unite or integrate”, yoga is a 5,000+ year old Indian body of knowledge. Yoga is all about harmonizing the body with the mind and breath through the means of various breathing exercises, yoga poses (asanas) and meditation.
Some of the benefits of Yoga include:
- Increased flexibility.
- Increased muscle strength and tone.
- Improved respiration, energy and vitality.
- Maintaining a balanced metabolism.
- Weight reduction.
- Cardio and circulatory health.
- Improved athletic performance.
- Protection from injury.